ASSA ABLOY Sustainability Report
The Sustainability Report 2012 explains the ASSA ABLOY Group’s sustainability performance in 2012 and highlights activities undertaken between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
"ASSA ABLOY continued its progress towards fulfilling its sustainability goals and we are on track to meet our goals for 2015,” says Johan Molin the CEO statement in the ASSA ABLOY Sustainability Report 2012.
“We have gone from annual to semi-annual internal sustainability reporting and conducted 795 supplier sustainability audits in 2012 – a record number. We are embracing sustainability in our product innovation process and continued to develop more sustainable products.”
Sustainability highlights 2012
- Number of reporting units increased to 293 from 256.
- 795 sustainability audits were performed in low-cost countries, compared to 493 in 2011.
- Increased reporting of environmental data on water usage and greenhouse gases.
- Independent social compliance audits were performed in Romania and China.
- Employee survey carried out with close to 28,000 participants.
- More than 6,000 employees participated in anti-bribery training.
In the video below Stefan Tisell, Director Production Processes and Environmental Sustainability, describes the Group's sustainable development progress and targets.